Gibson Brands Forums

Is my Piezo dead? (and other curious phenomena)

DannyTaki

I just put some new strings on my Transcale Synapse and was playing around with it for a while, and all was well. The piezo blend was working fine, and everything was dandy. After like 15 minutes of playing around, I realized that, as I blended more piezo in, the volume dropped; and when I blend the piezo 100% in, I get almost no sound out of the instrument. Perhaps it's just a placebo effect, but I also started to notice that the pickups started to seem much hotter than before. I am using a clean setting on my POD XT Live (which has a pad that I use for high-output pickups), with as low of a drive setting as I can get, and I'm getting almost a crunch tone with 100% magnetic pickup blend on the bridge pickup. This leads me to believe that it is not a battery issue. I have no clue what could have triggered this, I simply put on a new set of strings (10-46, down from 13-72 baritones). I also raised the action a bit, but that's it. Anyone have any clue what could be the problem? Thanks in advance.

Actually, speaking of curious phenomena... it's working fine now! I just gave it a day and now it's working perfectly! I wonder if maybe I just had a loose connection inside or something. Oh well. I appreciate the help anyways!

Archived