Gibson Brands Forums

ZT3 Neck

Eagle

I have read that the ZT3 neck is even thicker than the Synapse SS2F despite the nut width being narrower. Can anyone with a ZT3 measure the depth at the first and twelfth fret with calipers and post the sizes please as I can't find one to try in the UK . If I buy one it will have to be blind and I find the SS2F neck size ridicules. I don't understand why Gibson didn't get Fibersonixx to build them a carbon fiber neck for this instrument as it would have increased the appeal enormously.

• 6 months later...

20mm at the 1st fret, 21mm at the 12th. I find it quite fast and comfortable. It's much thinner than the Spirit models, which have a big fat baseball bat necks like the L series they emulate. I've never played any other Synapse models. I also had the finished on the back of the neck roughed-up by a local luthier to give it a more satin feel. Highly recommended.

• 2 months later...

20mm at the 1st fret, 21mm at the 12th. I find it quite fast and comfortable. It's much thinner than the Spirit models, which have a big fat baseball bat necks like the L series they emulate. I've never played any other Synapse models. I also had the finished on the back of the neck roughed-up by a local luthier to give it a more satin feel. Highly recommended.

Hi, what about the width at the first, 12th and last fret?

I'm looking for a neck less wide than my ibanez rg which is 43mm at the first, and 58mm

at the last fret.

Archived