Gibson Brands Forums

Interesting thought

Silenced Fred

Without limitations, there is no such thing as creativity. Without a box, there is no way to think outside of the box. I was just watching The White Stripes cover Death Letter, and for some reason, it just came to me. Sticking in a blues format, using slide, using certain chords, etc.

To me, the beauty is finding ways to use the standard in the non standard way.

I just had an epiphany (Check for spelling), and I had to share. Song writing got a ton easier.

Thoughts?

Okay. I've highjacked this thread with my ineptitude. Sorry Fred61. For some reason it keeps shortening the web adress. Just search for Catch Hell Blues live. It cuts off but very cool.

Okay. I've highjacked this thread with my ineptitude. Sorry Fred61. For some reason it keeps shortening the web adress. Just search for Catch Hell Blues live. It cuts off but very cool.

Hey if it deals with some crazy electric blues, I don't care how many posts it takes [thumbup]

Jack White reminds me of Beck (as in E Pro, not Jeff). Marginally talented, but extremely uninhibited.

I would disagree with the marginally talented part. Personally, I don't think that he deserves to be as ranked as high as he is on the Best Guitarist lists, but he writes good music. I believe that guitar playing ability goes past the fact of technical ability, and goes into the realm of song writing. This is where he shines

I would disagree with the marginally talented part. Personally, I don't think that he deserves to be as ranked as high as he is on the Best Guitarist lists, but he writes good music. I believe that guitar playing ability goes past the fact of technical ability, and goes into the realm of song writing. This is where he shines

I've always considered songwriting and musical ability to be separate. He may be a good songwriter, but..........oh.......nevermind

I have made a graphic tutorial for posting youtube videos for you, RB72 laugh.gif:

Capture2.png

Capture3.png

Hope that helps! msp_flapper.gif

Archived