Gibson Brands Forums

does this sound ok for a set up on a les paul??

invasion

Got a chance of buying a les Paul just wanted to see if this sounded about normal set up?? I cant go and veiw first so going to have to take a chance I wouldnt normally do this so please dont give me the speech ;) guy says it is set up really well and sent me theses figures

Low E 1st fret: 0.75mm

High E 1st fret: 0.50mm

Low E 12th fret: 2.50mm

High E 12th fret: 2.00mm

Relief at the 8th fret is 0.38 mm this is with 10's on

thanks for looking

Got a chance of buying a les Paul just wanted to see if this sounded about normal set up?? I cant go and veiw first so going to have to take a chance I wouldnt normally do this so please dont give me the speech ;) guy says it is set up really well and sent me theses figures

Low E 1st fret: 0.75mm

High E 1st fret: 0.50mm

Low E 12th fret: 2.50mm

High E 12th fret: 2.00mm

Relief at the 8th fret is 0.38 mm this is with 10's on

thanks for looking

I don't know if there is such a thing as a "normal set-up".

But let me ask you this- why are you concerned about the set-up anyway? You can set the thing up anyway you like when you get it.

What you need to be concerned with is the overall build/quality of the guitar. And the return policy.

I mean it may have a perfect set-up for you (the way you like it). But that doesn't mean it's not going to be a POS.

Fret wear, pups, tuners, all these things are way more important IMO.

And again, the return policy.

I don't know if there is such a thing as a "normal set-up".

But let me ask you this- why are you concerned about the set-up anyway? You can set the thing up anyway you like when you get it.

What you need to be concerned with is the overall build/quality of the guitar. And the return policy.

I mean it may have a perfect set-up for you (the way you like it). But that doesn't mean it's not going to be a POS.

Fret wear, pups, tuners, all these things are way more important IMO.

And again, the return policy.

Hi, I was just thinking that if the guy had it set up well and new his stuff the chances are it would be a good example. I was going to give it a full set up anyhow just wanted to know what the guy had done to it, and if he had set it up well. Then I was thinking he would of known how to look after it as well.

Archived