Gibson Brands Forums

Goldtone GA-30RVT reverb weak

CR9

I have a Gibson Goldtone GA-30RV, not a RVT, with the black tolex, not the brown, and the reverb is weak. I've had it for a long time and it was always that way. I figured it was one of the 2 tubes that run the reverb. Yesterday I put new tubes in it and nothing changed. I tried new tubes, NOS, and old tubes from the junk box, but nothing changed. Even on 10 you can barely tell there is any reverb. Is this a bad tank or is something wrong in the circuit board? I could test each component but I figured someone here has already run across this problem.

The Super Goldtone GA-30 RV uses a 6 spring Accutronics reverb tray. I have not heard of one having the problem you describe. I would recommend having an amp tech check it out. If you need a schematic, just email service@gibson.com to request the Super Goldtone GA-30 RV schematic. If you find out the reverb tray has issues and needs to be replaced, you could check with www.mojotone.com or www.britishaudioservice.com. Thanks.

• 1 month later...

On my Super Goldtone the reverb quit working. I tried to trouble shoot it for a few days and gave up when I couldn't find the problem. I sent to British Audio Service. It is back up and running now. They said that there were some bad JFET transistors in the circuit.

• 1 month later...

Archived