Gibson Brands Forums

Coil Split

LedZep2112

If you can find some gibson 57's out of a Epiphone Tribute they are four wire.

They should fit your needs.

You could always just get the Tribute instead of the Standard if you haven't bought it yet, or there are other Epi Les Pauls recently with coil splitting.

Making a 2 conductor pickup 3 or 4 conductor is a very tricky job involving disassembling the pickup, and which carries a high risk of breaking the pickup and if you don't do it perfectly there's a chance it could break spontaneously from wear and tear and it would be equally tricky to take it apart again and fix it. It is probably a much better idea to just get a similar pickup to the Gibson Classic/Classic plus but with 4 conductors. Seymour Duncan and Dimarzio make pretty similar PAF copies to the classic 57.

I recently completed a Jimmy Page wiring job on my SG I have 4 wire Gibson 57's in it.

The pots sit a bit higher than normal, but it works brilliant.

It was not that hard to do, and it doesn't really cost that much for 4 push pull pots and some wire.

I will get something like a LP tribute later this year, and am going to set it up like a Jimmy Page 2 with the push buttons under the pickguard. I will need to find or make a wiring sched for this.

pb130118.jpg

Correct me if I'm wrong, but did the Fender Jazzmaster not come with Slide Switches?

I'm not trying to get back into that whole debate, so just accept that good or not, they have been used successfully for quite a while.

See photos in post 22 in this thread. Jazzmaster has 1 slide switch, Jaguar has four!!!

Archived