Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Granada G-300

kimma

Hi!

I recently found out about a Gibson guitar. It's called Gibson Granada G-300. I can't seem to find anything about this guitar on the internet (only banjos called Granada), so I was wondering if any of you may know something about this particular instrument? Is it an authentic Gibson guitar, or is it a fake?

Welcome.

First off, what kind of guitar is it - nylon string, steel string, flattop, archtop, etc. And please post a pic or two - full shot, headstock closeup, etc.

Second - is the name on the headstock Gibson or Epiphone? Epi is a Gibson company and Epi used to make a model named Granada.

Third - there is a Granada guitar company - http://www.granadaguitar.com/

I found a few web references to this model, a classical guitar. It is not a "Gibson Granada", but a "Granada by Gibson" -- which means that it is not a Gibson-brand guitar, but rather purports to be built by a company called "Granada" either owned by Gibson Corp. (the umbrella corporation that owns Gibson guitar and many other instrument manufacturers) or that Gibson Corp. handles the distribution for. In any case, I would guess that it is a quite inexpensive guitar -- more comparable to the "Maestro by Gibson" guitars that sell for under $100 than Gibson guitars.

-- Bob R

Archived