Gibson Brands Forums

an absolute killer deal....second one in 3 days

fuzzybutt

last night i walked across the street to introduce myself to my new neighbors (a group of 20-something guys) and founf out that 2 of them are members of a chicago style blues band. well i hobbled back across the street and grabbed my fender acoustic and we sat and jammed for a while. after a bit the guitarist asked if he could try my acoustic (fender dg11e acoustic/electric) as he was in the market for one and had never owned one before. he handed me the Epi Flying V he had been playing and we started up again. after a few minutes he just stopped in the middle of a riff and said he had to own my guitar. i paid 229.99 for it about 4 years or so ago, so i told him that fact and he said "i dont really have much cash but i'd be willing to trade you for the flying v? he expected me to blow off the offer as i had been telling him about the bluegrass/traditional cweltic music band i play in occasionally. after picking my jaw up off the floor i immediately accepted the offer! this is a 2005 model and he actually got it new out of the box just 3 weeks ago, our local music store had left it in storage inventory and forgot it there was the story the manager gave me this morning when i called him. so i got a new (plastic still on the pickguard and pickups) Epi flying V a guitar i've been lusting after for years (living on a fixed income from disability makes it REALLY hard to come up with the kind of money needed for a new guitar) anyways, i THINK this is what was called the 1967 flying v re-issue it has the black painted headstock with a giant truss rod cover on it with epiphone script in large black letters on it. how good of a deal did i luck into? after a minor truss rod adjustment, filed the fret edges a touch and bridge height i have a beautifully playing guitar. what did these guys sell for back in early 2005? (it has a late 2004 production date according to the serial number)http://s776.photobucket.com/albums/yy41/bucky-katt/?action=view&current=DSCF0101.jpg

the other killer deal this week was the 1985 Japanese built Stratocaster i paid 100 dollars for at an estate auction.......another guitar that still had plastic on the pickguard and pickups

Archived