Gibson Brands Forums

Epi Special II Opinions

58EpiFan

Okay, I pulled the trigger and ordered the guitar. [thumbup][thumbup][thumbup]

I also had to select an alternate gift in case they don't have the guitar. [thumbdn][thumbdn][thumbdn]

I am going to be really ticked if they don't have it.

Oh well, if they don't I will get a 19" LCD TV with a built-in DVD player.

Not the greatest, but again it's free.

I'll let you know which one shows up in 12-14 days! The suspense is already killing me. [rolleyes]

Jim

Are you kidding? WE get as excited as YOU do!!! Do you get a TRACKING NUMBER so you can check

on what city it's in every 2 hours? One of our "Forumites" (yes, good term) ordered a G-400, and was

SOOOOOOO stoked he could hardly contain himself while waiting. We suggested he disguise himself as

a cardboard box and wait inside so he could watch for the UPS guy! His guitar finally did arrive, and

he was most satisfied.

I'm also guilty of checking my tracking number DAILY to see WHERE it is, and WHEN it's going

to arrive!!! There's NOTHING like the feeling of knowing you have NEW GEAR on the way! [biggrin]

Now, rule of law around here - PICS or it didn't happen. Take pics!!!! AS rcvd, while opening, and

after opening! PICS, PICS, PICS! Front, back, etc. Show us what you received! [drool]

If you don't have an "image Hosting site", there's a "pre-written" set of instructions in the

"Do-it-Yourself" Sticky/Thread at the top of the Epiphone Lounge section on using Photobucket.

If they send a TV, the craigslist ad is going to be a bit odd - "For sale, one UNOPENED 19" LCD TV,

or will trade for Guitar and amp"... [laugh]

YAY! Lets us know for sure! I'll keep my fingers crossed that they have the guitar in stock. eusa_pray.gif Guitar > Television

I agree RTH!! Guitar is > Television. I talked to our HR guy that is kind of the man behind all of this, and he said that if I redeemed my certificate on-line (and I did), then more than likely, the guitar will be what they send. He said that it's more up to date than the printed catalog that I received.

So here's hopin'!!

Jim

Are you kidding? WE get as excited as YOU do!!! Do you get a TRACKING NUMBER so you can check

on what city it's in every 2 hours? One of our "Forumites" (yes, good term) ordered a G-400, and was

SOOOOOOO stoked he could hardly contain himself while waiting. We suggested he disguise himself as

a cardboard box and wait inside so he could watch for the UPS guy! His guitar finally did arrive, and

he was most satisfied.

I'm also guilty of checking my tracking number DAILY to see WHERE it is, and WHEN it's going

to arrive!!! There's NOTHING like the feeling of knowing you have NEW GEAR on the way! [biggrin]

Now, rule of law around here - PICS or it didn't happen. Take pics!!!! AS rcvd, while opening, and

after opening! PICS, PICS, PICS! Front, back, etc. Show us what you received! [drool]

If you don't have an "image Hosting site", there's a "pre-written" set of instructions in the

"Do-it-Yourself" Sticky/Thread at the top of the Epiphone Lounge section on using Photobucket.

If they send a TV, the craigslist ad is going to be a bit odd - "For sale, one UNOPENED 19" LCD TV,

or will trade for Guitar and amp"... [laugh]

That's funny animalfarm! Yeah, I feel like a kid at Christmas time. I definitely know how to post pics and will be sure to take them as soon as I get it. I haven't gotten a tracking number from the company yet, but will be bugging them soon if I don't get it from them. They estimated 12-14 days for delivery, but I hope it's quicker than that! At my age, I may not last that long!!

Thanks again for all the support! It's a great feeling to be able to come here and talk about gear without the eyes glazing over or rolling. :rolleyes: B)

Jim

• 3 weeks later...

I have been trying to get updates from the company that is responsible for the gifts and I finally received a response today. Their vendor (I have no idea who that is [confused] ) supposedly shipped my guitar today. I am glad I haven't been holding my breath all this time, but I am getting pretty impatient. [cursing]

As soon as it arrives, I will let you know.

Jim

At least it's (supposedly) been shipped. Beats the heck out of the

fine print you see in lots of TV ads - "mumble, mumble, 6 to 8 weeks

for delivery"... They did seem to be a bit slow off the starting line on it,

though.

We await the arrival of your git, and the pics to follow!

Ive thought a time or two about acquiring one of these as a project guitar. Something to tinker and test a few idea's out on. Id diffently take the guitar if it was my choice to make. Plus sometimes you'll find a diamond in the rough when the lower end guitars and get one that's set up and sounds great. I paid a little under $270 for a Dean Deceiver X and while I think it needs a pick up swap, a buddy of mine was so impressed he said he'd give me my money back for it, and he didnt think it didnt any adjustments besides a set of 10's over the 9's that came on it.

Archived