Gibson Brands Forums

Gibby SIghing?

TommyK

Was watching a re-run of the TV show "The Middle" It's about an average family in the middle of America doing average things. ergo, the title. It starts Patricia Heaton (young mother of "Everybody Loves Raymond" and Neil Flynn, the Janitor in "Scrubs".

One of the guest stars if Paul Hipp who plays a youth minister, Timothy Thompson (they call him Pastor TimTom) He shows up in a late first season episode, "Signals."

Here is the flat-top he plays I've got most of it's mug shot along with a better picture of the neck and h/s in the pip:

PaulHipp.jpg

Any ideas as to the make? At first I thought it was a Gibson B-something or other, but the screen cap shows the headstock not to be a Gibson. It appears to be one of his main players as evidenced by his website: http://www.paulhipp.com/

Any ideas as to the make? At first I thought it was a Gibson B-something or other, but the screen cap shows the headstock not to be a Gibson.

I'm no expert, but I think that's one of the Gibson LG's -- either an LG-0, LG-1, LG-2 or an LG-3, but probably an LG-2.

You're right: The headstock is shaped differently than on many Gibson acoustics, but one does see other shapes from time to time, especially on the really old acoustics, and I think that's what they call a "banner-logo" (the thing below the letters), which would mean the guitar is from the 40's.

I'll bet the guys who frequent the acoustic section could help you out.

EDIT: Try this link

http://www.elderly.com/vintage/items/20U-11372.htm

By Golly! [woot] You're right. I was thinking the squiggle between the 2 and 5 tuner was a word. I'd forgotten about the banner logo. It is tough to make out the h/s shape, One pick looks Gibsonny and the other looks Harmonyy.

An LG-x it is!

Looks like Hipp is in a couple forth coming feature length movies, "the Last Godfather" and "Television" which are both in post production.

Archived