Gibson Brands Forums

Just rambling...

WahKeen

So I was running my Line6 Live x3 board to my JBL EON 505 powered speaker and was a using 1/4" to 1/4" Mogami. Now, that's a pretty nice set up for good sound, right? Well, I was getting this weird subtle breakup noise even at low volumes, and it seemed all the modelings had the same breakup but I didn't think it was a huge deal... Until it started to get on my nerves...

So, I switched the cord to a female xlr to quarter, and BAM!!! Helo, tones!!!!! Man o man, the simulated mic positions on amps, etc, were coming through like it was meant to sound! I can rarely put a guitar down when I'm tired, and I literally could not put my R68 down. Everything came together, the 57's were singing... Dang! Anyway, I just wanted to throw that out there. I know Firstmeasure has a Line6 like mine, and he likes it a lot. It's a sweet machine when you set it up right, LOL. [thumbup] I guess the quarter to quarter doesn't work well with my speaker (compressed tweeter?).

Good sounds makes you want to play! Bad sounds can make you go crazy knob turning to no avail...

Now, that's a pretty nice set up for good sound, right?

I dunno.

Sounds a bit complicated to us Luddites.

[rolleyes]

Good sounds makes you want to play!

Bad sounds can make you go crazy knob turning to no avail...

That's why I limit the number of available knobs on my rig.

Sounds pretty good to me...

[woot]

Glad you got it ironed out Buddy!

[thumbup]

I dunno.

Sounds a bit complicated to us Luddites.

[rolleyes]

Neo, I meant a Mogami cable (hi end) hooked up to decent equipment, not using a 30 foot coil cable and a one watt, made in a pre-school solid state "amp", lol. Just using a good cord, that's all.

Yeah, I'm glad I got it hooked up right 'cos I was beginning to wonder if I needed to buy a Fender Frontman. But now I'm good! Thanks! [thumbup]

Yeah, I'm familiar with Mogami.

I've often read the packaging on them to try and reconcile the price tag - can't do it.

[scared]

But yeah, you have to know that a 1 foot Mogami should have eliminated any signal loss.

I agree in concept, but until the day comes that I start recording...

When I was investigating the cost for recording equipment, I was keen enough to ask about accessories.

THAT'S where the money started adding up!

When I was investigating the cost for recording equipment, I was keen enough to ask about accessories.

THAT'S where the money started adding up!

But don't you have unlimited funds? I mean, those guns aren't just for show and tell right? [biggrin]

Archived