Gibson Brands Forums

New music

Silenced Fred

new music

Should be throwing in vocals later, once I get a decent recording.

I used my Les Paul through a 15 watt Line 6 amp cranked up all the way to be heard over drums. We only had like 15 minutes and we managed to get two recordings up. I feel somewhat accomplished. I have another song, I will try and get up soon. Very hardcore grunge-ish stuff, for me at least.

Please, give me honest feedback, just nothing about tone since it is a Line 6. I messed up at least once per song, but yeah. :rolleyes:

If you think it sucks, let me know. If you kinda like it, let me know. If you want to sign me and are from Sony Records.... keep it to yourself

Great stuff, I hear a lot of Black Keys in there! [thumbup] Now for the downside, I think it sounds a bit, hmm, I guess you could say flat? You need to make sure that there's lots of bass to compensate for the lack of a bass player and make sure to really fill the whole tonal spectrum, but I get that this is a demo and you've probably thought of it yourselves.

Keep it up!

EDIT:

Also, I like the first song more than the second. The second one is a bit too chugga-chugga for me, if you get what I mean, but still a good song.

Great stuff, I hear a lot of Black Keys in there! [thumbup] Now for the downside, I think it sounds a bit, hmm, I guess you could say flat? You need to make sure that there's lots of bass to compensate for the lack of a bass player and make sure to really fill the whole tonal spectrum, but I get that this is a demo and you've probably thought of it yourselves.

Keep it up!

EDIT:

Also, I like the first song more than the second. The second one is a bit too chugga-chugga for me, if you get what I mean, but still a good song.

Yeah, like I said. Tone sucks, its a Line 6 Spider amp.... 70 dollar GC Special.

The second song, I decided, is stoner rock. I'm not sure its my favorite either, it was just a jam me and my friend came up with.

It's good stuff. Playing was nice. However, I have one minor problem with it. It seems as though it could use some mixing. It also sounds as if I'm listening to the band from far away. Sounds like you only had one mic and the band was set up on the other side of a somewhat larger sized room from the mic.

Fred, I'm not gonna patronize you man. I liked it. I actually like the tone you use here. I actually like the chugga chugga on the 2nd song. You've got good rhythm and you guys blended well. It is raw, and that's what I liked about it. I think there is a raw energy there reminiscing of early punk. I understand you sort of "threw" it together, but you put bass, vocals, have better mixing, tighten it up a bit, and you have a great song!!!! Keep it loud and in your face like you did and you may actually have a Sony suit turn his head. Maybe. That was cool, dude.

Yeah, there was no mix. It was one mic, recording between the amp and the drums. Like I said, I'm trying to get some people to hear it, I started a fan page on facebook, and I'm trying to see if we could start playing for parties and whatnot. Just so people can be like "OK, they don't completely suck, just mostly."

It was one take, just click record and go. Gonna get studio time REAAAAAAAAL soon, then the magic should take place.

Until then, keep the constructive criticisms coming.

Fred, I'm not gonna patronize you man. I liked it. I actually like the tone you use here. I actually like the chugga chugga on the 2nd song. You've got good rhythm and you guys blended well. It is raw, and that's what I liked about it. I think there is a raw energy there reminiscing of early punk. I understand you sort of "threw" it together, but you put bass, vocals, have better mixing, tighten it up a bit, and you have a great song!!!! Keep it loud and in your face like you did and you may actually have a Sony suit turn his head. Maybe. That was cool, dude.

LOL I just read the last part. It's an inside joke with my friend and myself. This other kid kinda joined himself in the band, then promptly told us at the beginning of a first jam session, that if we got an offer from Sony he would turn it down because he didn't want to sell out [woot] First day of practice... So we just keep saying that Sony is gonna sign us now

Yeah, it's like doing the mike check for the first time and he turns around saying, "Man, we can't be like Lennon and McCartney and let chicks and disagreements determine our fate, alright!?" Ah, funny stuff!!!

Yeah... that kid was fun. Should be getting a bass player soon. If not, I'm buying a bass on Friday, so I'll just do recordings with that and then find someone for live once we do it. I kinda just wanna go into this as a recording project, and see where it goes from there. I'm looking forward to further progressions

and....

BUMP

Archived