Gibson Brands Forums

"The Gift" v.u.

Hall

To self as a Perest 400 substitute, a good old brand new Bogner Alchemist head and 2x12 cab. The cab is designed for the head without a doubt. Well, so it's not my Reinhardt 18 or Titan. And,no, it's not my ancient Twins or Super. But, it works. It's tube. Nuff, right there. I have read the prior posts and articles in which this amp was mentioned, good and bad. It sure isn't a Spider. That much is certain. I thought it worth a kind word based on the following:

Very complicated other world amp with some cool hidden sounds in there. I spent two weeks on the setting instruction suggestions for various guitars and desired sounds, etc. If you don't do this, you might be inclined to blow it off very quickly. If you don't use the Bogner designed cab, you might do the same. If you do take the time to figure the thing out, it aint bad and no need for pedals. Bogner, well, he is Bogner. What else can you say. The head reflects this in all it's various inhancers and gadgets. But, they are there for a reason and you hear this once you digest the mountain of settings info. Glad he made the effort in this area, cause there-in lies the key to finding its' secrets.

Anyway, I thought a good word from a crusty old fart might mean something to folks who hadn't the time or will to figure out what Bogner had designed with his entry into realisim. For the money, he designed a good amp and you get what you pay for.

Steve

I don't get it. You titled your post after one of the best stories ever to be read on a rock album (Waldo Jeffers, that schmuck!) and all you talked about was your new cab.

I am very disappointed.

evol,

Big apology. Never dreamed anyone remembered, "the box" and those "stabbing" sounds. Sorry for the let down. But, I did quote the title and initial the group. So you remember that one, huh. I must not be quite as old as I thought. Sorry, about the misleading title then. By the way the head not the cab was the point. Hey, you missed the, Perest 400 (probably my spelling!). :-k

Steve

Archived