Gibson Brands Forums

Revival Possible? Blown Fuse?

chase1410

I was taking apart my "out of service" Peavey Classic 30, and earlier was reading some other forum topics, about blown fuses. The fuse did suffer coffee damage, but everything else looks well...ok...Thje pilot light still lights up, as well the tubes...but no sound comes from the speaker..Im not positive, but i don't think the speaker suffered any water damage. Is it possible that a fuse replacement would help? It has F1A and a F10A fuses...I could not find those kind listed any where, but was I was just going to go to radio shack and see if they had any, or something compatible. So basically am i just wasting my time, with trying to find two new fuses, and the amp is probably just a waste of space now, or is it worth a try?

I'd take it to an amp shop. My Peavey Delta Blues suffered a "blow out" ( I let someone borrow it and he had it on super high volume and it was on and plugged it in like that..). I thought it was a fuse or tubes that blew up but it was the transformer. All good now. Might want to have it checked out before you chunk it... my 2 cents.

Archived