Gibson Brands Forums

chuch berry still rocking

hotshot9991

Let's give him the benefit of doubt. That might have been an off night, or maybe a monitor wasn't working. Take away the band and it would be completely different.

Go watch the documentary.

(Keef about went nuts trying to keep the guy nailed down. chuch likes to call stupid chord changes that "make the band look bad"...)

Well, this is the first time I've heard of a musician being a pain in the butt. Yeah, Chuch was difficult with Keith. So? Take anything away from him? Nah. Keith couldn't get the bends right... Unfortunately, for many of "us" music guys, being the "artsy" type is sometimes not a pretty thing. "It's my way or the..." Anyway.... Ya'll get in key NOW, or I'm sending Blackie's cat over.... [smile]

We wouldn't have to look to our past so much if there was so goddamn talent in these "new" artists. The music industry just doesn't make them like they used to and with Auto-tune from the 80's taking over and "Musical guests" on SNL all basically lip syncing I'd rather listen to Chuck any day than go digging through the "New Artist" section of music for something to listen to.

This reminded me of something. I watched the MTV VMA's for the first time in a decade a couple weeks ago. Every artist but 2 lip synched for their performances. The 2 who didn't were Florence and the Machine and Kanye West. West used the auto tuner and various effects so I wouldn't exactly call it singing, but Florence and the Machine was pretty superb - hadn't heard of her before then.

Let's give him the benefit of doubt. That might have been an off night, or maybe a monitor wasn't working. Take away the band and it would be completely different.

No, he does it on purpose, like a few other guys, another "star" gets on stage with them, and they intentionally try to make the other look stupid. Albert King was notorious for that.

But that hat was horrible!

This reminded me of something. I watched the MTV VMA's for the first time in a decade a couple weeks ago. Every artist but 2 lip synched for their performances. The 2 who didn't were Florence and the Machine and Kanye West. West used the auto tuner and various effects so I wouldn't exactly call it singing, but Florence and the Machine was pretty superb - hadn't heard of her before then.

Boing ! ...said Zebedee !

Archived