Gibson Brands Forums

My Dark Fire came without a breakout box or RIP

V-Fanboy

I got a Dark Fire from eBay last week and the battery just went dead. The problem is that it came without a breakout box or RIP. The seller said the RIP is on back order and won't get here for 5 more weeks, but he never mentioned the breakout box. Right now my expensive guitar is dead in the water -- what can I do about this?

I have two other Robots -- can I use their charging systems on the Dark Fire?

Please respond ASAP . . .

Thanks!!!

I see (I think). Not an electrician so I don't really understand, but I will take your word for it.

Looks like my Dark Fire is going back to the seller. I can't believe Gibson won't sell me the parts I need to operate my Gibson guitar.

• 2 weeks later...

I got a Dark Fire from eBay last week and the battery just went dead. The problem is that it came without a breakout box or RIP. The seller said the RIP is on back order and won't get here for 5 more weeks, but he never mentioned the breakout box. Right now my expensive guitar is dead in the water -- what can I do about this?

I have two other Robots -- can I use their charging systems on the Dark Fire?

Please respond ASAP . . .

Thanks!!!

Hi there, I'm just looking around for a Dark Fire to buy, On the same page they offer a charching unit which consists of an 30 cm Patch-Cabel and Powersupply 12V 1500 mAh which is about the same which is sold for the SG-Robot (I own one) so what is the Problem by using the old Robot Charging System, or is maybe that advert wrong ?

Heinz-P

NO you can NOT use a normal Robot charger on Dark Fire , Totally different battery.

If your going to buy a Dark Fire make sure it comes with & you get.....

RIP (Robot Firewire Interface) & a Black Splitter Box & power adapter (This is the most important parts needed)

Also comes with G/Rig & Ableton (if ebay seller dosn't keep) other items needed can be download.

Dark Fire's & following ones are GEN 2........Normal Robot GEN 1

Tronical has already stated that you CAN NOT use this,

Please take his word on this as he sure knows about all of this !!

Take a look here...

http://store.gibson.com/Products/Robot-Parts/Generation-2-(Dark-Fire).aspx

Also for good info about Dark Fires etc go here.....

http://www.futureguitarnow.com/forum/index.php?action=forum#c1

Cheers

Archived