Gibson Brands Forums

New Music Sunday

EVOL!

Picked up a few new releases today. Been a while since I hit the record store. Thank god for mom & pop places. Shout out to Laurie's Planet of Sound.

Here's what I got.

Les Savy Fav - Root for Ruin. My drummer turned me onto these cats. Sad that this is the first album by them that I have owned. So far I am really digging it. The best parts of Fugazi and ATDI blended into one.

Deerhunter - Halcyon Digest. Much weirder than Microcastle and the album starts slow, but really pickups about song three.

Blonde Redhead - Penny Sparkle. Have not given this a listen yet. I have high hopes that they take the sound of 23 and expand on it.

I just checked out Les Savy Fav, and they sound pretty good.

Thanks for sharing

Dig this!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITkH0i7bmwQ[/YOUTUBE]

One of the performances on Dinner with the Band the singer gets into the shower (couldn't find the video). Makes me cringe thinking about the possibility of electrocution, but it makes for great entertainment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IV9UGQMnF_4

What the hell is the singer on? He looks like Santa on shrooms.

They have some good stuff out, never listened to Deerhunter, but I wil give them a listen.

I'm really starting to branch out into more music like this, At the Drive In, Mars Volta, etc.

Let me know of other bands like this I should listen to. I'm really diggin it

Deerhunter is really strange. Sort of a modern day psychedelic band with killer pop hooks. Not a fan of their early stuff, but their last record, Microcastle, is epic. If you get it make sure you listen all the way through. The album doesn't make sense when you listen to tracks by themselves.

For something mellower than Les Savy Fav with a lot of slinky guitars, check out Stephen Malkmus and the Jicks.

I always wanted to be a lead singer so I could do stuff like this.

Final post, I swear.

Gotta dig the SGs Les Savy Fav sports. Would love an SG Jr. like that.

Yeah, only a singer would be able to take a minute to untie a banner and use it to crowd surf.

I'm really gassin' for an SG, I'm thinking a Standard is the way to go.

That, and a Tele

Yeah, only a singer would be able to take a minute to untie a banner and use it to crowd surf.

I'm really gassin' for an SG, I'm thinking a Standard is the way to go.

That, and a Tele

Have you ever seen a Telemaster or Jazzcaster? It's a Jazzmaster/Jaguar body with the bridge, pickup, pickguard, neck, and headstock of a Tele. Very cool looking. Check this beauty out.

Have you ever seen a Telemaster or Jazzcaster? It's a Jazzmaster/Jaguar body with the bridge, pickup, pickguard, neck, and headstock of a Tele. Very cool looking. Check this beauty out.

For the price I've seen some on some of them, I'd rather get a tele and a jazzmaster

Archived