Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson les paul studio tribute

Hash

You can get a BLACK one at MUSICIAN'S FRIEND and there should be some white ones for sale at GC stores only so if ya want one you better order it.

I bought 5 of em myself back in JUNE THREE GOLD ONES and TWO HONEY BURST ONES.

I like to use ax's that look similar on stage so no one knows I am playing alternate tunings....It makes it easier when one goes out of tune when ya have another that looks the same ready in the wings.

They just need a LOT OF UPGRADING to make em TOUR READY !!!

NOTE: These were LIMITED TO GUITAR CENTER ONLY !!!!Hence the letters GC in the model number.

There are a lot of em on EBAY but gold ones are going for up to 2 grand.

You can buy a LES PAUL JR and add a PICK UP or get a SPECIAL and have a better ax these are chambered making them tinty sounding thus the upgrades.

This is just another of the 799.00 STUDIO:S and SG SPECIALS FOR 699.00....You';ll need to upgrade the electronics and maybe the stop tail n bridge, nut ,tuners.

Personally If I could have I would have bought 5 of the DOUBLE CUTS they had out a few years ago...This is the same thing only in a single cut !!

I hope ya find one..

GOOD LUCK

But if ya have NO PROBLEM with a BLACK ONE and YES they LOOK GREAT go to MUSICIANS: FRIEND and you can get one today for 849.99 in a BAG !!!!

ST JAMES

The Les Paul Studio '50's Tribute was a limited model. Dealers have placed orders for all that will be built. You may still be able to locate a dealer who either has one in stock or has an order in place to receive one in the near future. Thanks.

i dont think i will regret it the epiphone standard limited edition 2010 has locking tuners, coil taping , good looks and an asymmetrical neck profile as the gibson les paul studio tribute has standard features ,p90's oh and a gibson headstock ... + it cost more :S

And the black with p90's just looks wrong for me ..

I promise you...wait a little longer, save a little more money, and get yourself a Gibson. In a few years if not within the first, you'll be trading it in and getting 25 percent of what you paid originally towards the guitar you should have gotten in the first place. The coil tapping pick ups do "tap", but they don't sound good. Sure you get that thinner single coil sound, but not a good representation of anything worth boasting about. If you've played one and loved the neck, that's one thing I can't argue with. But I'm sure there's a Gibson out there with the necks that melts in ur hands. Gibson hold their value even with belt buckle scratches, dings, scuffs, tarnished hardware, and cigarette burns on the headstock (smoking is not good for ur lungs).

In fact, they get better looking with wear and tear. People pay good money to have Murphy age guitars.

If your gonna do it, do it right.

Archived