Gibson Brands Forums

Help Me Decide On An Epi Les Paul

DennisMiller

I want a Les Paul... The two main features I'd like would be a chunky neck and pickups that sound as close to genuine 57 Classics as are available in the Epiphone line. The woodwork doesn't matter much, in other words, I don't care if it's a bolt on or a set neck, a Studio body or a Standard style with the carve and binding... Get the idea? The feel and the tone is all that matters to me.

What suggestions would you make from the current line?

Thanks,

Dennis

Try a 59 LP Standard for the neck or an LP Tribute for the pickups

Also consider the Gibson Studio Raw Power, me thinx its a bit ugly but has what you want and you can always paint it

Actually, I used to be in the furniture design business and often used the spray booth myself. My skills might be a bit out of date, but that's not a bad idea. I'll head off to the internet to look at those various models now.

• 2 weeks later...

Had to return the first one for poor workmanship and found the same guitar at a local store, but in the brown faded. Much happier now.

Gibson have there share of bad workmanship too. I have played on some studio model and beleive me they were not as well build as my Epi LesPaul Standard. Sound wise now with my gibson 490r/498t pickup combo my LesPaul sound just like a Gibson and i have the look of a ebony Standard. For what it cost me the price of the guitar+gibson pickups im still half of the price a Studio sell for.

Archived