Gibson Brands Forums

Songwriter Deluxe Pickup question...help!

rian4224

Hey all...new to the forum and a new lucky and happy first time Gibson acoustic owner with a question I hope someone can help me out with...this might be a stupid question with an obvious answer, but I thought I'd come here first and go from there...

I recently bought a Gibson Songwriter Deluxe Studio acoustic/electric guitar, non cutaway model with the LR Baggs under saddle transducer pickup. I have been playing the guitar a ton acoustically and couldn't be happier. But the other night I tried plugging it into my amp for the first time to hear the pickup's sound and there was a problem.

The top 3 bass strings made no sound through the amp, while the 3 treble strings did. I adjusted the soundhole mounted volume control to max volume and it worked fine for the treble strings, but did nothing to the 3 bass strings.

Now I put a new fresh set of strings on the guitar when I first got it, and I forgot to check the battery bag to see if there was a battery in there. Could it be that there's no battery in there?...or that the battery is almost dead? It seems that the high E string (1st) has more volume than the B string (2nd), and that B string (2nd) has slightly more volume or punch than the G string (3rd), then the D string (4th) has no sound and so on...

My hands are way too big to fit in the guitar without removing all of the strings, and since I just put a fresh set on I don't wanna do that unless I have to for now.

I hope this is just a simple battery issue that I can instal/replace the next time I change the strings...any thoughts/comments are appreciated!

Thanks!

I wish I could help, but I can't, A new Gibson Acoustic should have no problems. Check the battery. The web is a goldmine of info. Isn't there an Acoustic Gibson forum here as well? Check the main page. Hope this helps.[biggrin] :unsure: [thumbup]

Welcome to the forums again. I checked and there is a Gibson Acoustic forum where you should get assiatance; we are acoustic players but seem to be primarily electric players on this specific forum. I am surprised that you have not received more responses here......But while I'm here; How do singer/songwriters play pool???? With acoustics!!![scared][blink][lol] \:D/ eusa_whistle.gifeusa_doh.gif[thumbup]

Archived