Gibson Brands Forums

Locking tuners for Gibsons

cockstar

Hello!

Been trying to get information on what type of locking tuners will fit Gibsons so one wouldn't have to drill new holes in the headstock. Found tons of topics of people wondering the same thing but no straight answers. Even when contacting the sellers I usually get the answer "we are quite sure, you'll just have to try them".

I had an ESP endorsement for years and the one (and only except the fact of free guitars) thing I loved about these guitars, were the locking tuners since it made it so easy and fast to swap strings when you have limited time to do it and no guitar tech around to do it for you.

As my endorsement deal is over now and I can get back to using my trusty Gibsons, which I love - the one thing a I want to do is "upgrade" to locking tuners.

So any ideas which ones will fit Gibson SG Standard (I have 2010, 1968 and 1973 models but only interested in changeing the tuners of the 2010 model since I use the old ones only in studio anyways), Custom Shop Gibson ES-339, Gibson Firebird V, Gibson Les Paul Standard

Hope you can help me since I really don't want to start drilling my Gibsons and wouldn't want to start ordering all the different type tuners just to find one perfect one.

Thank you, everyone!

Hello!

Been trying to get information on what type of locking tuners will fit Gibsons so one wouldn't have to drill new holes in the headstock. Found tons of topics of people wondering the same thing but no straight answers. Even when contacting the sellers I usually get the answer "we are quite sure, you'll just have to try them".

I had an ESP endorsement for years and the one (and only except the fact of free guitars) thing I loved about these guitars, were the locking tuners since it made it so easy and fast to swap strings when you have limited time to do it and no guitar tech around to do it for you.

As my endorsement deal is over now and I can get back to using my trusty Gibsons, which I love - the one thing a I want to do is "upgrade" to locking tuners.

So any ideas which ones will fit Gibson SG Standard (I have 2010, 1968 and 1973 models but only interested in changeing the tuners of the 2010 model since I use the old ones only in studio anyways), Custom Shop Gibson ES-339, Gibson Firebird V, Gibson Les Paul Standard

Hope you can help me since I really don't want to start drilling my Gibsons and wouldn't want to start ordering all the different type tuners just to find one perfect one.

Thank you, everyone!

These might work...

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Tuners/Guitar,_solid_peghead_tuners/Grover_Tuners/Grover_Roto-Grip_Full-size_Locking_Guitar_Machines.html

son just ordered a similar set for his Studio...

Archived