Gibson Brands Forums

Help to tab out a song.

Sancho Panza

Hello!

I'm going to be honest with you guys (and girls) i'm pretty "new" to guitar, i've been playing on a daily basis for about two months now, so i can play some basic chords, but now theory etc. But i think that it is time for me now to learn a whole song, so i chose an classic garage rock song, mostly since it's three chords, (an E-shaped barre chord i think), but i'm not a 100% sure that's why i'm asking you guys for help. None of my friends really play guitar and i don't have the ear to tab it out myself, mostly the solo, which i want to also would like to learn.

The Caretakers of Deception - Cuttin' Grass

So please, is it anyone who can help me with this? Would be much apprieciated.

Thanks in advance for any answer,

Mike

.... mostly since it's three chords, (an E-shaped barre chord i think), but i'm not a 100% sure

Yep, it's three chords - oddly in the key of Bb -- or more likely they tune down half a step and play it in B

Anyway, to play along with they YouTube in standard tuning, play Bb, Db, and Eb barre chords over and over again. Have fun! [biggrin]

Yep, it's three chords - oddly in the key of Bb -- or more likely they tune down half a step and play it in B

Anyway, to play along with they YouTube in standard tuning, play Bb, Db, and Eb barre chords over and over again. Have fun! [biggrin]

Thank you so much! I was a semi-hard chord actually, but the again, it's good to practise things you can't do :D

Alright, I'll bite... Never heard of them Catchy tune though...

The lead singer sounds like ( I know it's NOT ), Eric Burden a little..

It's really catchy, though i can't put my finger exactly what it is that makes it catchy, maybe it is the singer. He has such a "depth" in his voice. Pity that they didn't release anything but this 7", which by the way went for $1525.

Howdy Mike N. I love your avatar. What episode is that with Yosemite Sam?

You can also capo up 1 and play it in A. A,D and E chords as if the capo were the nut.

Welcome to the world of guitar. Developing and ear for mimicking a song is part of the deal. The best way to develop it is to do it.

re: "to play along with they YouTube in standard tuning, play Bb, Db, and Eb barre chords over and over again. "

Probably should us Bb, Eb and F chords. (A, D and E chords up a half step).

Howdy Mike N. I love your avatar. What episode is that with Yosemite Sam?

You can also capo up 1 and play it in A. A,D and E chords as if the capo were the nut.

Welcome to the world of guitar. Developing and ear for mimicking a song is part of the deal. The best way to develop it is to do it.

re: "to play along with they YouTube in standard tuning, play Bb, Db, and Eb barre chords over and over again. "

Probably should us Bb, Eb and F chords. (A, D and E chords up a half step).

Hello Tommy! Thanks! It's from an episode called "Pancho's Hideaway", i haven't actually seen it myself, just found the picture online.

I know, i know! Haha, feels like i started playing music too late and know i will never learn to develop my ears. I have like three songs that i really want to learn, those are the reasons i actually bought a guitar, so that will be good inspiration. I just hope that i will come to me soon ..

Hello Tommy! Thanks! It's from an episode called "Pancho's Hideaway", i haven't actually seen it myself, just found the picture online.

I know, i know! Haha, feels like i started playing music too late and know i will never learn to develop my ears. I have like three songs that i really want to learn, those are the reasons i actually bought a guitar, so that will be good inspiration. I just hope that i will come to me soon ..

Keep after it Mike. It will come. It will come.

Archived