Gibson Brands Forums

Searching for a Les Paul Needle in a Haystack

sam6string

Does anyone know if there is a way to locate LP's manufactured on a specific date. Are there registeries or something of this nature that I could refer to? I am trying to find a LP for my collection that was manufactured on a certain day in December,1993. I am at a stand-still, any help is appreciated.

I'd call Gibson Customer Service and ask their advice. If you could get the serial number of a specific guitar then they should be able to tell you about it, including who purchased it from them. Then you could try contacting the store that got the guitar and see if they have any record of it, if they do maybe they can tell you who they sold it to and just keep going down the line until you get to the current owner.

Other than that I'd just call some of the big dealers like Gruhn, Chicago Music Exchange, Elderly, ect. and let them know what your looking for and to contact you if one made on that day comes into their shop. Then check ebay and craigslist daily. I'd expect to do that for quite a few years before you get any leads.

Archived