Gibson Brands Forums

case recommendation for a Smeck?

sumner77

Greetings. I need help housing my '38 Roy Smeck. The original case is quaint, but not much good for day to day use. The body fits nicely into my J-45 case, but not the 2 inch neck. Cedar Creek custom wants $300 for a twelve fret dread case. They say they have the specs, so I would think it is a good fit. I don't mind spending the dough for a great case, but I want a great case. I appreciate any and all recommendations from you guys.

Greetings. I need help housing my '38 Roy Smeck. The original case is quaint' date=' but not much good for day to day use. The body fits nicely into my J-45 case, but not the 2 inch neck. Cedar Creek custom wants $300 for a twelve fret dread case. They say they have the specs, so I would think it is a good fit. I don't mind spending the dough for a great case, but I want a great case. I appreciate any and all recommendations from you guys.[/quote']

Maybe,

www.ameritage.com ?

Steve

If $300 don't buy a great case, I don't know what will.

They look to be top notch. Go for it.

The only other option is to fill out their spec sheet with your guit tar's dimensions. It'll probably cost you more for a custom built case.. but... it's only money.... right?

Summer77:

I have an Ameritage case in which I keep an old SJ. It is above the norm in all respects. I purchased it several years ago, as in maybe a dozen. So, I can't speak for their quality today, but a decade ago they were super quality.

Steve

Archived