Gibson Brands Forums

Randy Backman play epiphone Slash at the Grey Cup

denthevetteman78

I just watch the Gray Cup half time show and Randy Backman was playing with a Epiphone LesPaul Goltop Slash Edition. I was surprise that he played in front with a epiphone slash. That prouve that if an epiphone is good for Randy Backman playing in front all those people, it's good enough for me.

I would like to know the difference between his Slash and a Epiphone LesPaul Standard with an upgraded Gibson 490/498 pickups combo like mine. Other than the color and the pickups. . I know a Slash has SD alnico-pro pikups. I would like to hear a comparation between a Slash edition and a Epi Standard like mine.

I just watch the Gray Cup half time show and Randy Backman was playing with a Epiphone LesPaul Goltop Slash Edition. I was surprise that he played in front with a epiphone slash. That prouve that if an epiphone is good for Randy Backman playing in front all those people, it's good enough for me.

I would like to know the difference between his Slash and a Epiphone LesPaul Standard with an upgraded Gibson 490/498 pickups combo like mine. Other than the color and the pickups. . I know a Slash has SD alnico-pro pikups. I would like to hear a comparation between a Slash edition and a Epi Standard like mine.

Let's see:

1) Carved hard maple top with AAA flamed maple veneer

2) Different/better electronics (orange drops, etc.)

3) Deep-set mahogany neck with Rounded '60s D Slash neck profile with long neck tenon

4) nickel frets

5) Kluson style tuners

6) Comes with Hardshell Case

Archived