Gibson Brands Forums

gibson invader

shabby14

Hi shabby14,

The Invader was sold from 1983 till 1988. It has a mahogany body, the zebra coil pickups contain ceramic magnets, it has the Gibson tune-o-matic bridge with stop bar tailpiece. The neck should be bolt-on, made of maple, fingerboard of ebony. The hardware should be Chrome. I have never seen the finish that is on your guitar, though. Was that maybe done after the fact?

Guitardater is not a source for reliable info on Gibson serila numbers. Sometimes they might be right, but sometimes not.

Probably you can date your guitar easily yourself from the serail number: The first and the fifth digit together indicate the production year with our 8 and 9 digit serial numbers from Nashville. One example 8xxx3xxx would be a gutiar from 1983.

Hi shabby14,

The Invader was sold from 1983 till 1988. It has a mahogany body, the zebra coil pickups contain ceramic magnets, it has the Gibson tune-o-matic bridge with stop bar tailpiece. The neck should be bolt-on, made of maple, fingerboard of ebony. The hardware should be Chrome. I have never seen the finish that is on your guitar, though. Was that maybe done after the fact?

Guitardater is not a source for reliable info on Gibson serila numbers. Sometimes they might be right, but sometimes not.

Probably you can date your guitar easily yourself from the serail number: The first and the fifth digit together indicate the production year with our 8 and 9 digit serial numbers from Nashville. One example 8xxx3xxx would be a gutiar from 1983.

Here is mine...

I believe what we have are the artist done one off guitars. Mine is done in a marble look. Also mine is labeled in the neck pocket as Walnut??? I also have on mine the super rare Schaller Trem. I was also lucky enough to find a new gold trem on Ebay. The seller had no idea what she had. The listing is in the pics as well...I have only found 4 total examples of this trem 3 silver and 1 gold. I have 2 of them 1 silver 1 gold. I will take pics of how the Invader looks now...

I would love more info on my guitar because if it is what I think then its a one of a kind and with the trem its even more rare...

DSCN1014.jpg

Here are pics: http://s225.photobucket.com/albums/dd157/ianlalibderte/Invader/

i bought a gibson invader designer series and theres not alot of information on it and was wondering if anyone can help me?post-27771-065995600 1291951043_thumb.jpg

Can you take better pics???? In one pick on the right horn it looks like initials? If so then its def. the artist guitar...

Those are cool! The guitarist in my previous band played an Invader as his main guitar, not a designer series unfortunately (those are rare - I've been looking for the Rebel Invader for a while now, with the Rebel Flag all-over graphic finish). I just bought a Sonex 180 though that is similar to the Invader, but with a poly-resin composite body and a pickguard, and definitely not as cool as yours :) nice find!

• 9 months later...

Archived