Jump to content
Gibson Brands Forums

Which one will fit?


Recommended Posts



"Gibson and Fender guitars have different string spacing at the bridge. A “regular-spaced” humbucker refers to Gibson spacing of the strings at the bridge. An “F-spaced” humbucker is “Fender” spacing. The bridge spacing directly correlates to the pole spacing on the pickups. You want the pole pieces to be directly under the strings. That’s why you need to match up your bridge spacing with the pickup.


DiMarzio uses the term “F-spaced” while Seymour Duncan uses the term “Trem-spaced” or “Trembucker” to indicate Fender bridge spacing."


I believe a guitar with a Floyd Rose/locking trem etc. would also require an F-Spaced pickup.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Create New...