Gibson Brands Forums

I have decided what Gibson I want, please help.

shaved_ape

ive been looking for a blue LP for a while. the two that i had my eye on were the goddess and the class 5. the class 5 is almost 5 grand and the goddess was discontinued(and it was technically designed for girls by being a lighter bodied guitar, but that fact can be overlooked because of how amazing the finishes are. plus...clear bobbins on pickups...awesome...)

this is the class 5 in transparent blue. its gorgeous, but quite pricy($4,699)

336596.jpg

Class 5

this is the goddess in skyburst. great looking guitar, but currently discontinued and youd have to get pretty lucky to stumble across one. used to be priced around $1700

standard-man-albums-guitars-picture23410-goddess-outside-005.jpg

Thanks for the links, but I am still hoping for a solid blue LP.

But I bet the day that I am looking for the manhattan midnight it's not available.

I sent this link to Vette and it's for a good price but if someone on here IS interested in this one I can pick it up.

http://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/msg/2087286797.html

A guy on the mylespaul forum said he has one of the 2007 but sold it to his friend and his friend MAY want to get rid of it, I am only curious on the price but I am still going to try to hold out for the solid blue 2000. Chances are as always as soon as I spend the money on something the guitar WILL show up the next day when I don't have the money.

Shaved...

You wrote: "Chances are as always as soon as I spend the money on something the guitar WILL show up the next day when I don't have the money."

Yupper. Inevitable. Ain't life fun? <grin> Been there. Back when I could afford a Gibson but not travel time, there weren't any anywhere in a reasonable drive I could find out about (pre-web). Now I'm happy with overdoing for an Epi. <bigger grin>

m

I won't call it "hack" but I was able to investigate on this guys website where he has more pictures under an unlisted directory. The 2000 LE isn't blue on the back and sides but a DARK natural stain on the mahogany. So either way both the 2000 and 2007 are wood grain on the back and sides, so at this point I guess I will settle for any of them.

And yeah milod, it will definitely show up when I DON'T have the money.

Archived