Gibson Brands Forums

serial number question

slim77

my gibson es175d has a serial number which if correct dates it to 1948 but the model didn't debut untill 1949. is their any chance that it could have been made in 48 and labelled then put on sale in 49?

STYLE/ES175D. GIBSON/A2308. NUMBER/GUITAR. GUARANTEED AGAINST FAULTY WORKMANSHIP AND MATERIALS, GIBSON INC. KALAMAZOO, MICHIGAN, USA

gibson 007 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

slim.

Cool.

See, in a forum, we search for our old thread and bring it back with a "Anyone have anything else?"

When we start a new thread, we're apt to get the same responses we got last time.

Among other things.

If you need a dead accurate price, have it appraised. My guess is, if the guy offered you "a good sum of cash" for it, and you have no interest in playing it, sell it.

[thumbup]

Cool.

See, in a forum, we search for our old thread and bring it back with a "Anyone have anything else?"

When we start a new thread, we're apt to get the same responses we got last time.

Among other things.

If you need a dead accurate price, have it appraised. My guess is, if the guy offered you "a good sum of cash" for it, and you have no interest in playing it, sell it.

[thumbup]

i think as you said getting it appraised is prob my best bet. the "good sum of cash" is a good sum of cash but not for the guitar. £1500 [unsure]

Archived