Gibson Brands Forums

EPIPHONE RIVOLI STRINGS HELP

mydeadblues

I just picked up a 1995 Epiphone Rivoli bass and was wondering what kind of strings I should get for it. I was looking at these http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Rotosound-RS77S-Short-Scale-Jazz-Bass-Strings?sku=102838. What gauge strings should I get though, are the Rotosounds any good? I believe the Rivoli is a short scale bass correct me if I'm wrong. Any suggestions are appreciated!

I use Rotos exclusively for bass. Highly recommended.

The Rivoli is a short scale. I've never seen the need for "short scale strings", but some will argue with me about that...

The Rivoli/EB-2 is just about the only Gibson bass I like, minus the Ripper. Rivoli/EB-2 + Flatwounds + Tweed Bassman = Jazz Heaven. The Rivoli is the best at the British Invasion sound too. Kicks the crap out of a Hofner...

I use medium gauge flatwounds on my EB-2. I can't tell you the exact gauge of each string, unfortunately. They are pretty generic D'Addairos. Whatever they are, they sound great on it, but I think just about any strings would sound great on it, to be perfectly honest.

Archived