Gibson Brands Forums

CL-20 in Black?

gruvtube

Has anyone ever owned ( or even seen ) a Gibson CL-20 in black with matching headstock and no pickguard? Theres precious little info about this model online as it is, but I cant find a pic, or even a mention of an all black CL-20. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Pic attached

Cheers

Never seen one in black. I played a CL-20 once and liked it so much I looked high and low for one.

I ended buying a CL-10 (which doesn't have the EQ and volume sliders built in - more traditional).

They have a longer scale 25.5 than most Gibson acoustics (24.75) but still have a nice round sound.

I've had it about 5 years now. I must say it is a great playing guitar. I think the black looks great.

Custom order maybe?

Here's my CL-10

DSC_0060.jpg

Thanks for the reply...ya, this one doesnt have any sliders or an eq of any kind ( except for the built-in passive pickup). The body style is exactly like any other pics of a CL-20 Ive seen...just black in finish and appears to have never had a pickguard. Its a great player, and in excellent condition...and Im sure its authentic having played lots of Gibsons over the years, but one never knows. It just kinda has me wondering why I can find anything about it anywhere, and service@gibson.com hasnt gotten back to me yet. I have an offer on it, but not sure I want to sell it because I love the way it feels/sounds, and quite honestly cant figure out a fair price for it. Just hoping for a little good advice and some direction I guess. If all else fails, Im sure Ill just hang onto it...Thanks for all the input...more is appreciated

Cheers

Archived