Gibson Brands Forums

Ever seen one of these?

gruvtube

Can't see the pictures really well, but the specs of the CL-20 Standard plus are as follows:

# solid spruce top

# arched back of special select wood

# rosewood fingerboard and bridge

# Tortoise body binding

# abalone snowflake position markers

# Matching headstock veneer with mother of pearl Gibson headstock logo

# 25 1/2 " scale

# factory installed transducer

# natural gloss lacquer finish

Ya, Im sorry the pics arent so good, but I cant seem to upload a large enough image for people to view. This CL-20 I have does not have the arched back ( its a 98 as indicated by the serial number)...I can email pics pretty easily, but posting them on here has proven to be a challenge. For some reason I was able to upload a decent pic in the Gibson Lounge ( under CL-20 color question)...you can get a better look at it there as well.

Thanks for the response

• 10 years later...
On 12/15/2010 at 9:07 AM, J-1854Me said:

Nope -- never seen a CL-anything in black.

Come to think of it, I don't know if I've seen one in sunburst either, but I thought that they made a few in translucent red and trans blue though. "Natural" was the default finish, I believe.

I own a CL 20 standard plus. There was an issue with chemicals and paint so at least in CA , they only had it  in natural . I wanted a black guitar but the American made guitars were only natural color finish . 

Edited by lala
grammar

On 12/15/2010 at 9:07 AM, J-1854Me said:

Nope -- never seen a CL-anything in black.

Come to think of it, I don't know if I've seen one in sunburst either, but I thought that they made a few in translucent red and trans blue though. "Natural" was the default finish, I believe.

I own a CL 20 standard plus. There was an issue with chemicals and paint so at least in CA , they only had it  in natural . I wanted a black guitar but the American made guitars were only natural color finish . 

Edited by lala

On 12/14/2010 at 9:44 PM, gruvtube said:

Just wondering of anybody owns, or has ever seen another one of these black CL-20 Standard Plus guitars...Ive been scouring the Internet looking for a even a mention of one ( much less a pic) and cant seem to find any information on them at all....any input appreciated

Cheers

Gibson CL20 send1.bmp 87.94 kB · 107 downloads

Gibson CL20 Standard Plus.bmp 56.3 kB · 92 downloads

Back then you could order a Gibson acoustic with a different finish  I did that with J45s and Doves. Those at that time were either burst or natural tops.  I requested ebony finishes.   A little up charge , but they were not designated as special or custom orders .