Gibson Brands Forums

finding a Les paul Silverburst

Timmy87

Greetings everyone! I've been wanting a Gibson les paul Studio for sometime now, and next month i'm gonna buy one, I been looking at The silverburst, but I cant find one here in Sweden though, but maybe somewhere in Europe? I checked every store and I cant seem to find it, where can I get one? I'm sorry for my bad english, hope you can help me anyway though

//Timmy

hi and welcome!

I was lucky enough to grab one last April from thomann.de. As btoth76 said, you could send them an email to ask them if they'll bring it again. dv247.com has it listed but out of stock.. you could email them as well.

FYI, as of a couple of weeks ago, Gibson.com has the Silverburst Studio model with rosewood fretboard (instead of ebony as it was first introduced in 2009).

Not sure if you're interested into the Studio Deluxe Model..

Good luck!

The Thomann site is very informative. Compare the specs, to see which guitar is similiar. The AW Studio has 50's style neck, the Silverburst has 60's slim tapered. Also the Silverbursts's both pickups are splitable. I do not know any other model that has all specs the same with this one.

Yeah soo happy now;D But there is one thing, if i want to try a guitar, wich one can i compare it with? a normal les paul studio Alpine white? //Timmy

that's fantastic!! I can relate with your excitement, as I've been wanting the Silverbust for over 6 months before I finally got it! Yes, the 60s neck is slimmer to the regular 50s that all the other Studios have. I tried a wine red Studio a while ago and felt different to the Silverburst. What guitar do you currently have?

@btoth76 the ebony does looks so much better on the sb...

Ok i like slimmer necks as my hands is pretty small, i currently have an acoustic fender sonoran, and a cheap copy of a fender stratocaster, and a home built randy rhoads version with floyd rose and EMG pickup. I've to say that this forum is very pleasant =)

^I'm a girl, so I don't have very big fingers either (I guess they're normal for a gal but they're definitely not as big as a guy's hands) and I had a Squier Strat before that. The neck is a bit thicker than the Strat but it didn't take too long to get used to it! I love it!

Hello Wild_rose! Yes, the ebony is the best board for any guitar. In the early 90's I had a black Studio, with gold hardware and ebony fingerboard! What a beauty it was!

I bet! I first saw a wine red Studio w/ ebony fretboard and I was gonna get that one but then I found out that they make them with rosewood now...

Hello! My opinion is: as far as the fingerboard is concerned, rosewood looks better on natural-finish guitars, like most Standards, Traditionals, Classics. Solid color guitars, like most of the Studios and Customs are better with ebony from aestetical point of view. From quality aspect ebony is far better than the rest. Too bad Gibson more and more sacrifices quality for cost-efficiency. I think they shouldn't bother about the competition, just do things as they are expected from them. If so, their instruments will be expensive, but noone should expect buying a Rolls-Royce for a price of a Ford. Am I wrong?

I need a new AMP, What Amp could fit with the guitar? I usually play rock, hardrock. but mostely of all i want good distortion and at the same time good clean, i've been looking at Marshall, but people dont recommend the valve state or the MG models, what is the best choice for me? Combo or topp and stack? i'm gonna use it in my home, but i want to use it in a rehersal studio. Any recommendations? some where around 700-800 dollar I can stretch myself to. //Timmy

Archived