Gibson Brands Forums

old epiphone

Old Rebel

Please forgive me, but I think I posted this to the wrong thread earlier...hopefully this doesn't create a problem......

I'm new to the forum; having registered in hopes of finding someone out there who can help identify an older model Epiphone solid body guitar. While at a friends house about 1993, I was given a guitar that he was going to throw away. It had been his nephew's, who had played it in a band, but he had no other information on it. It's in excellent condition, and I've been playing it for the last few years. It actually plays better than another model Epiphone that I have. I have not been able to find anything from the Gibson or Epiphone sites, It has a serial number 343861 stamped on the back of the neck up by the tuners. Can anyone provide any information, or where I may find more information, on this guitar. I'd very much appreciate any information.

Old Rebel

Hi OR, welcome to the forums.

Is that the full serial number, running it through The Guitar Dater Project yields "unrecognized serial number".

It's difficult to tell just from your description, how old was it in 1993 when your friend passed it on to you?

If you could post some pics it would be much easier for someone here to identify the model etc.

Archived