Gibson Brands Forums

COAs

rockerbear

Hi, I am contemplating purchasing a 97 R8. I want to know a.) Did this year come with a COA? If there is no COA with the guitar is it possible to have Gibson Reissue a COA for it? I have been able to do this with another R8 and my R7, but want to know if it is still possible and if they were even issued in 97. Phil

That's strange because when I bought a used 2003 Custom Shop guitar ,I was told by Gibson that only the Original owner could get a replacement.COA.

If it's possible, Can i still get a Duplicate COA? It would be very nice to have as the guitar was a MM Stinger from that run and the paper work has bee lost. To have those documents would be very nice.

Thanks,

Jamman

jamman, I was told the same thing. Only the original owner can get a replacement COA and even then, they have to ship it to Gibson in Nashville.

My Stinger also doesn't have any paperwork. It would be nice to have but I really don't care since the guitar isn't exactly a collector's item.

• 4 weeks later...

jamman, I was told the same thing. Only the original owner can get a replacement COA and even then, they have to ship it to Gibson in Nashville.

My Stinger also doesn't have any paperwork. It would be nice to have but I really don't care since the guitar isn't exactly a collector's item.

R9, I get your point of view, but my thinking is 1. why not try? 2.As you informed me, the numbers for the R0 Stingers are so small

and that year being the last year BRW was used makes them abit more collectable. Will they have the same status as a real Burst oneday ? nope

but there is still a higher value on these guitars. and having the coa would be nice. Nothing I'm hung up on although.The most important

thing is, they or the 01 I have is a great playing ,sounding guitar. Same like it would have been nice to get the original case with it. But the

most important thing is the guitar.

Archived