Gibson Brands Forums

J45 custom models - question

Madman_Greg

Guys I am wondering if you can help.

Is there a list of the different Gibson J-45 Custom models produced over the last few years or so available anywhere to download or on a webpage anywhere.

The reason I ask is as follows, I was in a store today and they had a J45 Custom model 2009 that I could not recognise (sorry could not take any pictures).

No Electrics

Tuners had white buttons – not see this before

Burst seemed more cherry coloured thn brown

No other details apart from the fact it said custom.

I know of the custom vine and model after that which had the inlay pattern on the headstock only.

This was quite a plain guitar really.

Thanks in responses for any responses and apologies for only being able to provide minimal information as I only had a quick look at the guitar.

Thanks

Madman_Greg

ok I'll take a stab at it sight unseen ...there was an in store promo of a limited edition Gibson J45

it was a short run of numbered guitars 1of 2of 3of. It was a tri-burst finish so it would appear more on

the cherry side than a vintage burst it also had the small white pearl button bean style tuners & it had custom on the

TRC the same as custom vine or the J45 custom not as much bling but still a very nice looking guitar! A few of the

stores that had them as a promotion still have them availible such as Long & McQuade

Many thanks Mr Whirligig

I think your observations are on the money,. Having a look on line last night after my post, I think the spec looks similiar to the TV model, but with the Custom TRC and cherry burst. No other fancy bits I can remember.

This is in the UK, price was around £1800 s/h. Guitar played very well, I guess I could get the wood specs and serial to add a bit more info if this would help trace it.

Madman_Greg

Archived