Gibson Brands Forums

DarkFire Tuning Problem

Adjusted_Nova

Hi Guys.

Had my darkfire sometime which has generally behaved well. I changed the strings the other day and now the tuners have stopped working and the guitar symbol on the MCK flashes blue. All other functions seem to be working but its a no go for the tuners. I have made sure there are no short circuits and been through the common suggestions but I'm stumped now! Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Stu

Did you try to contact Gibson Customer Service directly yet about your problem? This being one of the newer Gibson technological guitars

there may be some quirks. Did you change the gauge strings your were using? Not sure that would cause the problem, but maybe these guitars

are sensitive to that sort of thing.

No, haven't contacted Gibson direct yet as the last two attempts to gain advice were completely ignored! I'm hoping in the (more helpful!) guitar community might have come across this before. Ive searched the regular forums on this guitar but had no joy yet, fingers crossed!

Look at the Forum Main Page.......There are several sub forums on these guitars; ie, The Dusk Tiger, Darkfire, Robots etc......They should be able to help...

The concept of self tuning guitars and being able to auto tune to other tunings is wonderful, and I praise Gibson doing this....Technology and more moving parts will have kinks though....

I hope this helps.........

No, haven't contacted Gibson direct yet as the last two attempts to gain advice were completely ignored! I'm hoping in the (more helpful!) guitar community might have come across this before. Ive searched the regular forums on this guitar but had no joy yet, fingers crossed!

Adjusted Nova, I didn't mean via email; I meant calling the actual 1-800 number they have listed on the website. I called a couple of times regarding what seemed

an inherent problem with the ABR-1 bridge on my CS-336. The first representative listened to the problem I described and happily sent me a new bridge to replace

the old one. When I received the bridge I noticed it wasn't notched, so I called to ask why. That rep told me to have my guitar tech file it in accords with the

gauge strings I was using. I took his advice and now my CS-336 plays like a brand new guitar. Try by phone and bypass any of the VRU (Voice Response Unit) that

may come up and just ask to speak to a Service Representative. Good Luck.

Archived