Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Factory

Larsson

Hi guys,

So in the summer i'm jumping over the pond for the Trans Am nationals in Ohio... i am flying in to Chicago and figured i would head down to Nashville.

i was wondering where in Nashville the Gibson factory is and whether its possible to get a tour or something?

any feedback for this would be greatly appreciated as i need to start booking hotels :)

Cheers,

Larsson

As many times as I go to Nashville, I've never been there. Chanman and Stiffhand live there, they'll check in I'm sure. They said the Opry Mills Showcase was closed after the flood. That's a shame, but these are tough economic times. Be sure to check out Gruhns Guitars on Broadway around 3rd/4th. While no longer a Gibson dealer, they specialize in vintage and collectable guitars and always have a nice inventory (which you can also view online).

Bring your VISA.....

Regardless of your taste in music, the Country Music Hall Of Fame is just a few blocks from Gruhns and is 3 stories tall FULL of vintage gear. Well worth the time and even has cars that belonged to Elvis and stuff. There are lots of bars/pubs downtown with live music, street musicians busking ect., and Nashville is just a really cool town full of really nice people.

Here's hoping you have a good trip and enjoy your visit.

Murph.

Archived