Gibson Brands Forums

THE BLUES

mayer_shabetay

Well, here is what I mentioned before in King´s thread about the blues. Here are two blues songs that I recorded (again, I´m doing all the instruments and vocals except for the backround vocals). In the first one, I couldn´t record the lead guitar. I just couldn´t do anything good enough for it. The producer said I just wasn´t making the guitar cry the blues. I hope I can come up with something this week so I can finish it..

Any suggestions will be apprecuate it as always. [confused]

http://www.purevolume.com/MAYER68163

Well, here is what I mentioned before in King´s thread about the blues. Here are two blues songs that I recorded (again, I´m doing all the instruments and vocals except for the backround vocals). In the first one, I couldn´t record the lead guitar. I just couldn´t do anything good enough for it. The producer said I just wasn´t making the guitar cry the blues. I hope I can come up with something this week so I can finish it..

Any suggestions will be apprecuate it as always. [confused]

http://www.purevolume.com/MAYER68163

Great as always........As for soloing suggestions ??? Ah, man.......It's a nice song to solo to...I avoid offering advice...

Thanks but I think it needs a couple of notes to decorate the song a little. Thanks for listening to it :)

OK, I'll listen again, and re-post...................!!!!!!!!! // now back.....

Mayer...your vocals on that track are sung smoothly...My gal just listened to me playing what I'd do on it...I suggest; follow each vocal part with lead guitar,

very emotional type playing, almost like answering the vocal line....lots of note bending, reaching and stretching for the notes, nicely done short fast runs,

answering the vocals.....back and forth, back and forth.....not copying the vocals per se, but answering them...LP bridge pickup, clean, bit of plate reverb..

The 'pop' type chorus; You know those octive type runs one can do, swimming around gently, those would fit nicely on that part....And some pinch

harmonics thrown in there as well.......It's almost impossible to translate this in words.....even worse with the whole world reading it !!! If you'll permit,

I'd like to record examples of what I mean, add them to this mix, and up-load them to a site that only you can access; even though you'll be done recording

by the time I get this done; it will give you an example of what I was trying to translate via words, and if you like it, I can then in the future give you other

examples when you get stuck for ideas.....and it can be done in private.....

Thanks Damian,

Did you hear I Regret?? That one I finished it completely.

Yes, good music.....there's a good continuality in your style..

I've begun some pre work on new songs.....I'll provide a link where you can here it.........I'm not to fond of exposing it unfinished.and my studio is disassembled (lost my house a bit back )....

Regret, good song Meyer.......

Yes, good music.....there's a good continuality in your style..

I've begun some pre work on new songs.....I'll provide a link where you can here it.........I'm not to fond of exposing it unfinished.and my studio is disassembled (lost my house a bit back )....

Regret, good song Meyer.......

I am so sorry to hear about your house Damian, and I hope and wish you the best, Sometimes things happen for the better eventhough we can´t see it, or understand it.

As for the song I can´t wait to hear it and don´t worry if its not finished, [thumbup]

Great stuff, Mayer! The finished tracks sound really good. As for soloing on

"Baby, We Gotta Talk" to me it is just begging for some slide guitar!

Thank you very much

I wish I could master the slide, I have one and sometimes I try to practice with it. But its a great idea

Thanks again

Hey Kimbabig!!!

I heard your songs in Purevolume. Very cool ideas. You need to put a band together!!

I loved the sound in Distant Lands[thumbup]

thanks man, my next idea is this country rhythym with a blues lead, and playing my harmonica over it, I may sing some poetry over it but I'm not much of a vocalist. It should be done today.

___

Purevolume is a hard site to learn don't feel bad, it took me about a week to learn how to add friends.

thanks man, my next idea is this country rhythym with a blues lead, and playing my harmonica over it, I may sing some poetry over it but I'm not much of a vocalist. It should be done today.

___

Purevolume is a hard site to learn don't feel bad, it took me about a week to learn how to add friends.

sounds cool, I´d love to hear it. As for the voice, don´t worry!!!!!!!! My voice sucks but its fixed in the studio with a software called Melodyne. Now almost everything is fixed.

As for Purevolume, its very hard. I am in Reverbnation and its so much easier. I guess I have to fool arround more with it

nation.com

My droid won't play purevolume ..... So all u cats that post there are not getting snobbery from me. Even when I was at a pc, I had trouble..... [confused] I'll try again .... Or maybe you guys have banned me from there. I see how it is ... [crying]

Try this link http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/mayer

The 2 blues songs are I regret Loving You and Baby We Gotta Talk (which is the one that I wrote to you about not being able to do the lead, however I think I came up with something ok for it)

Let me know what you think

Archived