Gibson Brands Forums

Had to try it myself...

EvanPC

Gave "Whole Lotta Love" a crack like Tman-something did. I'll be giving a shot to The Ocean, and Comfortably Numb as well when I get the time. Pretty fun - a first for me.

Botched the solo a bit, but got tired of trying to get it perfect. Also made a half-hearted attempt to get close to Page's tone, but it may be a little bassy...Also cut the track a little short. Ended it shortly after the solo.

Criticism, e-beatdowns, and all else welcome.

http://db.tt/4G51wpN

Link is to Dropbox. No download required.

Gave "Whole Lotta Love" a crack like Tman-something did. I'll be giving a shot to The Ocean, and Comfortably Numb as well when I get the time. Pretty fun - a first for me.

Botched the solo a bit, but got tired of trying to get it perfect. Also made a half-hearted attempt to get close to Page's tone, but it may be a little bassy...Also cut the track a little short. Ended it shortly after the solo.

Criticism, e-beatdowns, and all else welcome.

http://db.tt/4G51wpN

Link is to Dropbox. No download required.

Haha! Copying me!? msp_flapper.gif

Good job man. Sounds great!

Very strange that you would say that your doing The Ocean as that is a work in progress for me as well. I guess we'll see who can do it better. msp_flapper.gif

That's a tough solo to get right.......sounds really good !!!!!!......[thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup] ..............

There's already an 'awesome' version of Comfortably Numb' somewhere on here....................:unsure: [crying][scared] ........

Thanks. Yup, man, I copied you. Don't hold it against me!

I love The Ocean, and though the backing track is not the original, it's decent enough. Comfortably Numb should turn out nicely as that is the original track, like Whole Lotta Love. It's also fun because you need to record both the rhythm and the lead.

I'm pretty happy with my new amp. I just picked up a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, which is what I'm playing through, along with a Marshall Jackhammer OD pedal.

I started dabbling with recording this past fall. So it's as much a learning process for me as it if fun. Keeps things fresh and stimulating.

There's already an 'awesome' version of Comfortably Numb' somewhere on here....................:unsure: [crying][scared] ........

Oh, that's no surprise. I almost feel cheesy for even trying it. I can't help but think of Wayne's World....."No Stairway"

Thing is, I just got my first Fender last month, so it's been fun to play all that kind of stuff that just sounds great with a Fender and single coil pups...Comfortably Numb is one of those songs for me (Well, the solos that is)

Archived