Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul Studio 1986

K. de Boer

Hi,

My name is Klaas,

I recently bought myself a used Les Paul Studio 1986, ferrari red with white body- and fingerboardbinding and ebony fingerboard.

The sound is great and the looks are even better.

Because it is a guitar you don't see much on internet, I am looking for some detailed information about it.

Can anybody give me information about the history, or where to get it like catalogs from these years (1985-1986).

It would be great.

Thanks

Hi,

My name is Klaas,

I recently bought myself a used Les Paul Studio 1986, ferrari red with white body- and fingerboardbinding and ebony fingerboard.

The sound is great and the looks are even better.

Because it is a guitar you don't see much on internet, I am looking for some detailed information about it.

Can anybody give me information about the history, or where to get it like catalogs from these years (1985-1986).

It would be great.

Thanks

Greetings Klass!

Hmmm sounds like an Alpine White Studio Custom that someone painted the top red. Does it have dot Inlays? You need to post pics! So people can see and help.

Andy

Hallo,

Here are some pictures of the guitar.

I hope this will make things clear for you.

Klaas de Boer

Yep that is a Studio Custom. I thought you said that the back and the neck was white that's why I thought maybe someone had painted a white one. This is a nice studio!

You can check out what I'm doing to mine here. I have gone crazy!!!! I wouldn't suggest any of this for yours!

http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/61072-fixing-up-the-les-paul-studio-tear-down-to-custom-rebuild/

Archived