Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Les Paul Studio 60's Tribute.

Carbonite

A while back I saw a Les Paul in Honey Burst and I just totally fell in love with the color. On the web it just looks light and OK, not spectacular, but in person its just gorgeous.

So anyways, I was looking at getting a studio recently and ran across the 60's Tribute version. I wants me a 60's neck. ;)

I don't have any dealers close, and the ones that are within an hour drive don't seem to have the color in stock so I am thinking of pulling the trigger online. (As much as I would like to play it first I am prepared to let fate throw me a good one.)

So I am here to ask one question. Has anybody seen the Worn Honey Burst Studio that can tell me how much it actually relates in color on a regular Les Paul non studio in Honey Burst? I am just worried that its not as nice looking and should go with the Cherry Burst or something else. I guess what I am asking is does the "Worn" in the Honey Burst make it look different?

Thanks guys.

While I can not say about the '60's model, I have the 50's in both Honey, and Cherry..

To tell you my way of seeing things, I think the Cherry brings out the grain better than the Honey..

The color in my opinion, though I am somewhat color blind, is very close to me anyways,

in comparison from what I saw..

Others might see it differently...out.gif

A while back I saw a Les Paul in Honey Burst and I just totally fell in love with the color. On the web it just looks light and OK, not spectacular, but in person its just gorgeous.

So anyways, I was looking at getting a studio recently and ran across the 60's Tribute version. I wants me a 60's neck. ;)

I don't have any dealers close, and the ones that are within an hour drive don't seem to have the color in stock so I am thinking of pulling the trigger online. (As much as I would like to play it first I am prepared to let fate throw me a good one.)

So I am here to ask one question. Has anybody seen the Worn Honey Burst Studio that can tell me how much it actually relates in color on a regular Les Paul non studio in Honey Burst? I am just worried that its not as nice looking and should go with the Cherry Burst or something else. I guess what I am asking is does the "Worn" in the Honey Burst make it look different?

Thanks guys.

No one has answered yet, so.........The finish is different on the ' Worn Studio ' than a ' Regular ' LP Standard, so, the finish is not the same...The pics on Musician's Friend look to be very accurate ( this time )..

This is my opinion....The Honey Burst looks nice; IMO, you'll be happy with it.......( I'm going with the goldtop ).......You can always return one if not happy.......

Archived