Gibson Brands Forums

SG

deano57

This guitar was purchased from a mom and pop music store in our small town around 1965.It is completely stock.Serial Number 335735. Just wondering I have never seen another one this color. Can anyone tell me if they have seen one like this? Another thing,was it called a SG Double Cutaway or a Les Paul junior? Thanks.

post-30631-094464200 1297279083_thumb.jpg

Beautiful guitar!!! That would be an SG Junior. Gibson called them Les Paul in 1962, but in 1963 Gibson dropped the Les Paul name because the great guitarist refused to let his name be used for an instrument so different from his original design.

I'm blown away by the color! It looks very mustard yellow in the photo, but is it more "gold" in natural light? I can't quite match it to a Gibson Custom Color I know of.

That is very unusual. I've never seen an original Gibson paint job in this color.

You can find copies of Gibson Custom color brochures online, and there was no official color offered like this.

Factory one of a kind paint job? Early custom paint job? Wow, a unique guitar in beautiful condition!

Archived