Gibson Brands Forums

I want to find out what model amp this is

NeonDinosaur

Thanks for the response, but more so for the enthusiasm!

The nameplate reads "Gibson Electronics Kalamazoo Michigan" on one side, and "Recording" in big bold letters on the other.

There are 6 tubes:

Peta Laboratories - 6L6GC (and then 9141 going down the side)

No Name - 6LG WGB

No Name - 6FQ74/6CG7

No Name - 6C4

Sylvania- 6EU7 (x2)

There are 2 channels and 2 inputs for each channel.

Each channel has a volume bass and treble pot.

There is also a 1/4" jack that says monitor.

Finally a 4 way selector switch but i can't read what it does.

Thanks for all the help if you need any more info I'll be glad to find out.

It's a GA-75 Recording. It came with either (2) 10" speakers or (1) 15" JBL. It's actually a fairly rare amp. Only 181 GA-75's were produced with the ten inch speakers, and only 74 GA-75L's were produced with the 15" JBL. This is a scan of the 1966 Gibson Catalog.

GA-75Recording.jpg

Thanks for all the help guys, it is appreciated.

The amp that I have is the 2x10.

The speakers in it look pretty new (and they say "Fender" on them) so i'm sure they are not original.

They are 8 ohm, 30 watt Model V 1030 speakers. Do you guys know if these are good replacements,

or should I find a different model to more represent the original sound?

It looks like the previous owner tried to add a ground by splicing in a three prong plug.

I'm not opposed to this as it is much safer, but they didn't do a very good job so I was gonna redo that, and

get some new plastic for the handle as well as a new logo for the front.

Electronically everything seems to be in working order I can plug in and it sounds great!

Thanks again for all the help.

Thanks rod and grog for all the helpful replies. Its nice to finally know exactly what amp this is.

One last question, I understand that the amp is rare, but I feel there is a big distinction between

rare and desirable. Just out of curiosity, is there any way to tell how much this guy is worth?

Thanks for all the help guys, it is appreciated.

The amp that I have is the 2x10.

The speakers in it look pretty new (and they say "Fender" on them) so i'm sure they are not original.

They are 8 ohm, 30 watt Model V 1030 speakers. Do you guys know if these are good replacements,

or should I find a different model to more represent the original sound?

It looks like the previous owner tried to add a ground by splicing in a three prong plug.

I'm not opposed to this as it is much safer, but they didn't do a very good job so I was gonna redo that, and

get some new plastic for the handle as well as a new logo for the front.

Electronically everything seems to be in working order I can plug in and it sounds great!

Thanks again for all the help.

what are the manufacture codes on the speakers (if you have them)? it could be they may not be origional, but correct.

Archived