Gibson Brands Forums

Crawling In an Attic....

duane v

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

name: Gemini, it is a doubleneck, so a twin, and it also belongs to two brothers.

thats good of you to want to give your brother another 1cake, there is not a lot of that thinking going on nowadays.

it might not be chance that it was preserved in such good condition, maybe the Lord was looking after it. perhaps one or both of you is having money troubles and the value the guitar has is the bail out. perhaps your brother loves you and wants you to have it. perhaps none of the above, or a little of one.

i'm curious, does it make you wonder?

name: Gemini, it is a doubleneck, so a twin, and it also belongs to two brothers.

thats good of you to want to give your brother another 1cake, there is not a lot of that thinking going on nowadays.

it might not be chance that it was preserved in such good condition, maybe the Lord was looking after it. perhaps one or both of you is having money troubles and the value the guitar has is the bail out. perhaps your brother loves you and wants you to have it. perhaps none of the above, or a little of one.

How about Medusa, more than one head? Or headstock?

By the way, it's a beautiful guitar!!!

Maybe it will later on, but I'm still geeking out over the whole thing, and I still have two more instruments, some books and a few other things to retrieve. Also my older brother has a valuable George Harrison hand autographed book "I Me Mine" he wants me to look for while I'm up there next time.

the main reason it's not still in my moms attic is because she wants all of us to get our stuff out of her house [biggrin] ... But I'm glad it found a new home [thumbup] .... It's going to my Luthier for new frets on the six string board

i would give the frets a little thought before you commit: often in the case of vintage gibsons, the origional frets add greatly to the value, especially if the frets are a unique or odd type, and also if they still have the binding doing the dog ear thing. i would make sure the luthier is an expert of vintage gibsons, or consult an expert (he could be oblivious to these things, and still be a good luthier).

i would give the frets a little thought before you commit: often in the case of vintage gibsons, the original frets add greatly to the value, especially if the frets are a unique or odd type, and also if they still have the binding doing the dog ear thing. i would make sure the luthier is an expert of vintage gibsons, or consult an expert (he could be oblivious to these things, and still be a good luthier).

I'm not worried about all that value stuff... It's gotta feel the way I want it to feel, or what's the point in having it [cool] ... BTW I have one of the best Luthiers in the bizz hacking up my stuff [thumbup]

Archived