Gibson Brands Forums

please help is this a real serial # 13350043

purecountry

serial # 13350043

Bozeman Plant , MA, USA

December 1st, 2010

Production Number: 43

Madman Greg

thanks for the quick response can you please look at this link this is the one i bought but still a little nervous what do you think please and thanks!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rt=nc&nma=true&item=190486425651&si=0bUE9h69z1Wm%252FI4qAZL5SKtiKXQ%253D&viewitem=&sspagename=ADME%3AB%3ABOC%3AUS%3A1123

thanks for the reply wow... i thought i was getting a really good deal, these SJ-200, at least i thought were going for $3700.00 + i may be wrong though...

Looks like the MAP is now $3799, and the list $4925, so $3000 would be a good deal on a new one. Buying off eBay means you're buying used, though -- no warranty -- so whether you consider this a good deal or not depends on what you think the warranty is worth. You could get a new one from an authorized dealer for the same price.

-- Bob R

Looks like the MAP is now $3799, and the list $4925, so $3000 would be a good deal on a new one. Buying off eBay means you're buying used, though -- no warranty -- so whether you consider this a good deal or not depends on what you think the warranty is worth. You could get a new one from an authorized dealer for the same price.

-- Bob R

Thanks, so i can get one from a dealer for the same price? ($3,000) please provide their name thanks.

Thanks, so i can get one from a dealer for the same price? ($3,000) please provide their name thanks.

Any of those that do large discounts -- Fullers, E.M. Shorts, Music Villa, etc. If you do a search for recommended dealers, you can get a longer list.

-- Bob R

just remember, it takes more than a serial to check real vs fake. it's not hard to come up with a fake serial that fits into the Gibson method. that one website that allows you to search serials is useless. all it tells you is that it is a valid Gibson STYLE serial, and IF real, then would be from a certain day. again, it's easy to just re-use a legit serial number on a fake. only pictures, an in-hand inspection, or running it by Gibson came tell you for sure.

this one does however appear to be legit.

Archived