Gibson Brands Forums

LAG guitars are made in China not France.

Steven Tari

Found out today that all the guitars coming into America thru LAG are made in China not France. When I first saw that Lag was coming, I fell in love with there 12 string. Because at the time I had bought a 12 string from China and in less then a year, the area where the pegs for the strings went into split into 4 sections. I tried to get it fixed but the guys I took it to that fixed guitars, told me that the way it was put together it was going to be very expensive and might not work. So I was told I'd better buy a new one. I swore to myself I'd never buy another guitar from China. I was also told LAG has a top notch factory putting them together there.

So now I've been waiting since the first of last Dec. to get my new one From LAG. I like the 12 string from LAG alot but now being from China made me step back and take another look. I was told it will be another 3 weeks before Korg is going to have it to send out. So I told the person today that I'm ordering from I have to do some thinking to see if I'm still going to order it.

So please tell me What you think of this guitar.

78854.jpg78854.jpg

• Description
  • Accessories
  • Documentation
  • Rental Info
  • Offers

main-LAG.jpg

T200D12CE

Offering premium solid tops, the LAG Tramontane Stage Range brings together a world of woods to create superb-sounding instruments. Finely crafted, these instruments are ideal for the guitar enthusiast or the on-the-road professional.

Includes StudioLag Plus electronics and Nanoflex pickup.

The T200 Series offers an elegant French Satin finish. Solid Red Cedar tops are expertly matched to the Mahogany backs and sides using rosewood and maple binding. The result is an instrument possessing a balanced, vibrant sound.

Features

• Headstock: Solid Indonesian Rosewood, linseed oil finish, with Lag Maple Logo inlay
  • Machine Heads: Lubricated High Precision Satin Black, with Satin Black tulip buttons
  • Top Nut: Black Graphite 47.6mm
  • Truss Rod: 2-way System
  • Neck: Mahogany French Satin finish
  • Fingerboard: Indonesian Rosewood, Radius 400mm
  • Frets: 20, Silver-Nickel, Medium type
  • Top: Solid Red Cedar
  • Back & Sides: Mahogany
  • Bindings: Rosewood + Maple
  • Body Thickness: Bottom 120mm - Neck 97mm
  • Rosette: Rosewood with Maple, with Occitania cross
  • Bridge: Indonesian Rosewood with Black Resin compensated saddle
  • Pickup: Nanoflex Piezo Pickup under bridge saddle