Gibson Brands Forums

Marc Bolan Les Paul

langford56

1st. Thank You Gibson for Making one of the most regecnizable Les Paul's in Rock!

I love the look of Marc' les Paul since the 1st. Time I saw a picture of it on his Ride a white swan album.

I had the pleasure to meet Marc Bolan and the rest of T-REX on their #73 tour with Three Dog Night in Davenport Iowa.

Marc Bolan was so nice and we talked about this Les Paul (that Gibson has made) he loved it. He told me he also had 6 Custom

les paul with him on tour. (He asked me if I wanted to see them than he was wisked away.)

This Les Paul is GOLD it plays and sounds Fantastic with a limited number out there if you have not picked one up yet

go get it now. I am sure it is the one guitar we will all hang on to forever. The color, the standard Les Paul Body

the perfect Custom Neck WOW! the original orange color. THANK YOU AGAIN GIBSON. Now the R&R Hall Of Fame needs to put T_REX in.

• 2 weeks later...

1st. Thank You Gibson for Making one of the most regecnizable Les Paul's in Rock!

I love the look of Marc' les Paul since the 1st. Time I saw a picture of it on his Ride a white swan album.

I had the pleasure to meet Marc Bolan and the rest of T-REX on their #73 tour with Three Dog Night in Davenport Iowa.

Marc Bolan was so nice and we talked about this Les Paul (that Gibson has made) he loved it. He told me he also had 6 Custom

les paul with him on tour. (He asked me if I wanted to see them than he was wisked away.)

This Les Paul is GOLD it plays and sounds Fantastic with a limited number out there if you have not picked one up yet

go get it now. I am sure it is the one guitar we will all hang on to forever. The color, the standard Les Paul Body

the perfect Custom Neck WOW! the original orange color. THANK YOU AGAIN GIBSON. Now the R&R Hall Of Fame needs to put T_REX in.

Hi Langford56,

For me, this was the beginning of my love affair with the Les Paul. That evocative picture of it on the cover of the T Rex album, and also of course, the sound. In my opinion, most recorded music suffers from over production, layers and layers of tracks that produce mud. The clarity of these recordings is most probably not down to Toni Visconti's skill at producing, but the low budget, the result, is what sounds like nothing more than four track recordings, and that allows us to hear this guitar, with a clarity most artists should learn from; perhaps most guitarists lack the confidence to ensure that their work can be heard clearly? On those recordings, this guitar sounds amazing, and yes, it must be one of the most iconic models Gibson has issued. Enjoy it!

• 2 months later...

Lucky you. It was the beginning of my love of Les Pauls seeing this guitar. The pic of him and Micky Finn is a classic pic. Just like the 'Electric Warrior' album cover. Get it on was my first single. Has your guitar played it yet?

• 4 weeks later...

I have one of the VOS Marc Bolan Les Pauls that I purchased after seeing it at the winter Namm Show. I saw T-Rex back in 1971 at Ford Auditorium in Detroit MI and he rocked. He played his Les Paul and a Gibson cutaway acoustic guitar. I have waited over 30 years for Gibson to make this guitar and now I have it. Very cool! [thumbup]

• 1 year later...

of course there are many les pauls that would be worth spending your hard earned on,but for me it was more about the uniqueness of the guitar

and the fact that t.rex were the first band to explode into my head when i was about 14.having never seen them live this guitar is a way of

connecting even if only on the emotional level.to my uneducated ears this guitar sounds brilliant through a epiphone senior amp.i am exploring

the treble booster rangemaster clone pedals out there to see if i can replicate that t.rex sound.it should be a fun experience.

Archived