Gibson Brands Forums

Baby Acoustic??

d-man

I own a "baby" Gibson acoustic guitar, but can find no information about it anywhere. Can anyone here help me fill in the blanks on this beauty? I can't seem to find a serial number anywhere. The relative I inherited it from purchased it sometime in the 20's or 30's. Any and all help will be much appreciated. I will post pics A.S.A.P.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

I own a "baby" Gibson acoustic guitar, but can find no information about it anywhere. Can anyone here help me fill in the blanks on this beauty? I can't seem to find a serial number anywhere. The relative I inherited it from purchased it sometime in the 20's or 30's. Any and all help will be much appreciated. I will post pics A.S.A.P.

By "baby" you mean smaller than "normal" ... smaller than dreadnought sized? There's a good possibility that if it is a late 20's or 30's guitar, then it might be one of Gibson's great flat-tops from the period (i.e. L-0, L-00, L-1, or L-2). Look inside the body on the neck block to see if there's a stamped number. If so, what is it? How many frets (clear of the body) do you count? How wide is the upper bout (in inches) and how wide is the lower bout? What color is the nut? And bridge pins?

Photos?

Archived