Gibson Brands Forums

Feedback

hardwoodsman

I picked feedback for title because I just wanted to Thank Gibson Co. for all the help.I had a problem w/ my New Epi AJ 200 just purchased for Church performances.They suggested I take it to Ed Beaver's @ soundcheck Nashville,He did a great job I can't say enough about the job he did and the experience I had meeting such a skilled craftsman.

I had to call them again yesterday because my Epi. when pluged in kept buzzing through the monitors. I purchased a rubber plug to cover the hole in the guitar but still had the feedback. The young man @ Gibson's tech(sorry I forgot your name)Did suggest I could buy The Chet Adkin solid body guitar and that would fix my problems,but since I already have 2 solid body guitars I didn't think that was a good option.(you can't blame him for trying to sell a guitar)He did suggest I put pieces of foam rubber into the body of my guitar,I thought this will never work but what choice did I have "Right". Well ,was I wrong, it worked like a champ, before this if I didn't have the feedback the guitar sounded aweful when pluged in.I tried Micing it up but the Chruch doesn't have the best mics.

Last night's practice went great and the guitar sounded great and no feedback. Thank's again.

We do like happy Gibson stories here.......Welcome to the forum.......

I gotta say though, I will NEVER stuff foam into any of my acoustics for any reason....if it works for you though, great.......................

Isn't that an AE?

If so, there's a phase button on the preamp/control board on the guitar, as I understand it.

Push the phase button and it should solve 95 percent of feedback problems if the guitar is appropriately places around either amp or PA speakers.

I believe that instrument has the little slide switch "dynamics" too that may help, but the trick is that phase switch. It can turn a howling monster into a nice guitar. Yes, I've experience with that type of electronics on an Epi.

Using an acoustic amp also may help since most designed for that type of guitar will have a dial to mess with that can remove most feedback problems.

The Chet solidbody, as I recall, actually has non-magnetic type of pickup so it would sound more like an acoustic, but without the degree of feedback one has to work to avoid with most AE guitars - or any full hollow regardless of style. But any guitar can give you feedback and some folks even work to use it in their music. An electrified flattop may be worst, but the phase switch on your Epi should cover most problems.

m

I picked feedback for title because I just wanted to Thank Gibson Co. for all the help.I had a problem w/ my New Epi AJ 200 just purchased for Church performances.They suggested I take it to Ed Beaver's @ soundcheck Nashville,He did a great job I can't say enough about the job he did and the experience I had meeting such a skilled craftsman.

I had to call them again yesterday because my Epi. when pluged in kept buzzing through the monitors. I purchased a rubber plug to cover the hole in the guitar but still had the feedback. The young man @ Gibson's tech(sorry I forgot your name)Did suggest I could buy The Chet Adkin solid body guitar and that would fix my problems,but since I already have 2 solid body guitars I didn't think that was a good option.(you can't blame him for trying to sell a guitar)He did suggest I put pieces of foam rubber into the body of my guitar,I thought this will never work but what choice did I have "Right". Well ,was I wrong, it worked like a champ, before this if I didn't have the feedback the guitar sounded aweful when pluged in.I tried Micing it up but the Chruch doesn't have the best mics.

Last night's practice went great and the guitar sounded great and no feedback. Thank's again.

Your right Milod there is a phase buttom on the guitar Thanks,I guess I need to try it?I purchased the guitar @ a big name store and it was a display so a thousand people played it before I got it and the store lost all paper work so it's a guess @ what eveything does.It is a AJ220 sce and the roar from the monitor is so loud I don't think anybody could make use of it in a perfomance.

Yupper...

The PR5E howls like Cyclops as Odysseus' poked him in the eye without that phase switch on. With it, it sings sweetly as such a guitar should - although I'm sure that with work you could still get it to feed back some.

The manual sez the phase button is an anti-feedback switch. Mine actually was, as I recall, a separate manual for the Shadow eSonic preamp system.

check this. It even explains how the phase thingie works:

http://www.epiphone.com/images/eSonicMan_Lo.pdf

m

I had to call them again yesterday because my Epi. when plugged in kept buzzing through the monitors. I purchased a rubber plug to cover the hole in the guitar but still had the feedback. The young man @ Gibson's tech(sorry I forgot your name)Did suggest I could buy The Chet Adkin solid body guitar and that would fix my problems,but since I already have 2 solid body guitars I didn't think that was a good option.(you can't blame him for trying to sell a guitar)He did suggest I put pieces of foam rubber into the body of my guitar,I thought this will never work but what choice did I have "Right". Well ,was I wrong, it worked like a champ, before this if I didn't have the feedback the guitar sounded awful when plugged in.I tried Micing it up but the Church doesn't have the best mics.

Thanks Milod That site was very informative.

Archived